A human touch to human resource litigation and counsel
Jamie Wrage is the pinnacle of Stream Kim’s employment law work. Whether a case is in pre-litigation, litigation/arbitration, or on appeal, she provides seasoned advice to her clients to identify and work toward the best outcome. Her more than 20 years of experience reassures her clients that matters are properly handled.
Jamie’s human resource work is unparalleled. She has provided counsel to human resources personnel and management regarding federal and state employment law issues for more than 10 years. She has successfully represented employers both in court and before federal and state governmental agencies, including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Department of Industrial Relations, the Fair Employment and Housing Commission (FEHC), Cal/OSHA, the California Labor Commissioner, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, the California Unemployment Appeals Board, the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). She has extensive experience defending and advising employers embroiled in wage-and-hour class actions, PAGA litigation, and harassment/discrimination litigation.
Jamie counsels California employers in state and federal employment law, regulations and compliance on topics such as litigation prevention, wage-hour compliance, discrimination and harassment law and avoidance, employee investigations, discipline and termination issues, coordination of protected employee leaves, disability accommodations, employee safety, OSHA and privacy. She works with employers to develop or reviewing employment contracts, as well as human resources policies, handbooks and procedures.
Jamie also serves as an outside, independent investigator for employers investigating allegations of unlawful conduct, such as harassment, discrimination or retaliation. She uses her years of employment-law experience to conduct thorough and well-documented workplace investigations with as little disruption to operations as possible.
Areas of Practice
When it comes to employment law, Jamie specializes in a broad range of areas:
- Food service
- Professional services
- Real estate
Awards & Publications
- Articles Editor, Loyola Law Review
- William M. Keck II Fellow
- Successful defense verdict on summary judgement, upheld on appeal, on a $20 million real estate sales dispute, including an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Successful prosecution of a claim for violation of commercial use restrictions for a shopping center, including an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Successfully defended a large national retailer in a $20 million real estate contract dispute both at the trial and appellate levels.
- Secured a plaintiff’s verdict of over $8M in binding arbitration in a contract dispute with a large U.S. defense contractor over a technology sale to India.
- Won a very positive verdict at trial for the owner of easements on a railroad right-of-way affixing a 10-year rental rate for their use.
- Represented an employer to obtain an injunction and settlement against former employees attempting to use a confidential customer list and trade secrets to their own advantage.
- Received an appellate ruling affirming a determination on a writ below that the Department of Health Services was not entitled to a $3 million refund from a Medi-Cal retail pharmacy.
- Achieved a favorable verdict at trial and injunctive relief for the owner of a commercial shopping center in defense of its rights under covenants, conditions and restrictions.
- Obtained a favorable verdict for a landowner for a continuing nuisance/encroachment on a residential lot against a homeowner’s association.
- Reached a very positive settlement in a breach of contract/fraud case by a former owner against the individuals who purchased his business.
You will find Jamie contributing to many legal and local community organizations outside the courtroom:
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association Publications Committee Member
- Riverside County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Service
- Riverside Legal Aid, Board Member
- Leadership Riverside, Class of 2009
- California State University, San Bernardino, Adjunct Professor
- Olive Crest Homes for Abused Children, Inland Empire Trustee