Trial law expert for SMB and F500 clients
Eugene Kim is widely recognized as one of the best trial lawyers in California. He is a business litigation attorney with a proven track record of in resolving high-profile cases. He represents startups, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies in protecting and enforcing their legal rights. He is also a graduate of the prestigious National Institute for Trial Advocacy. Eugene is highly active in numerous professional and community organizations, including the Judicial Nominations and Evaluation Committee for the California State Bar and the board of Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Areas of Practice
Eugene delivers success in a wide variety of areas including:
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
Awards & Publications
- Martindale Hubbell “AV-Preeminent” rating, 2013 – Present
- Avvo “Superb 10.0” rating, 2013 – Present
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
- Inland Empire Magazine Top Lawyers in the region, 2015National Asian Pacific American Bar Association “Best Lawyers Under 40” award recipient, 2013
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association Leadership Award recipient for outstanding service and commitment to the Korean American community, 2012
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy graduate, 2014
- Leadership Riverside Program Graduate, 2013
- Pick Board Development Training Program Graduate, 2009 – 2010
- Moot Court Honors Program Chair at Southwestern Law School, 2001 – 2002
- Blue Book Award recipient by Law Review at Southwestern Law School, 2001
In addition to this prestigious recognition, Eugene has been published in the Orange County Korean American Bar Association Newsletter as well as the Southwestern University Law Review.
- Managed global trademark portfolios for businesses and efficiently enforced and litigated cases to secure their brand identity across product and service lines.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar judgment at trial on behalf of a deceased partner when the surviving partner refused to pay partnership expenses that involved two 13-acre commercial developments.
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement between two partners that owned numerous home healthcare franchises.
- Successfully defended a restaurant owner at trial against an alcohol distributor that attempted to enforce a contract that was forged.
- Prevailed at trial in a case against the State of California involving a prisoner’s constitutional right to refuse medical treatment.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a case involving a boundary dispute between a homeowner and a public agency when the homeowner purchased their property without knowledge of the encroachment.
- Obtained a judgment against a party that failed to exercise an option to purchase a ground lease.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for a social game developer in a copyright and trade dress dispute that involved a popular Facebook app.
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar tax assessment dispute involving Proposition 8 and 13 valuations for outdoor advertising signs.
- Obtained a judgment at trial against a consultant that negligently drafted a Screen Check Draft Environmental Impact Report and a Final Environmental Impact Report.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for numerous small businesses that allegedly violated the American with Disabilities Act.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement with a real estate developer that recorded mechanics’ liens and allegedly performed work on a large scale timeshare condominium project.
Eugene is significantly involved in multiple extra curricular organizations including:
- Judicial Nominations and Evaluation Committee, California State Bar, 2016
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, Vice President, 2015-2016
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Regional Governor, 2014-2016
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers of the Inland Empire, Founder (2013), President (2014 – 2015), and Board Member (2013 – Present)
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, President (2011 – 2012) and Board Member (2009 – Present)
- Riverside County Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Board Member, 2014 – Present
- Raincross Group, Member, 2013 – Present
- Pick Group of Young Professionals, President (2013 – 2014) and Founding Member (2009)
- Tech Coast Angels, Member, 2012 – 2014
- Asian Professional Exchange, Director of Corporate Relations, 2009 – 2010
- The Unforgettables Foundation, Board Member, 2007 – 2010