Robert J. Hicks
A leader in corporate defense and contract law
Robert Hicks brings a deep and wide expertise in many practice areas of business law. He is a preeminent authority on litigation and is renowned for his courtroom abilities and successes. All of his legal acumen is combined with a positive attitude, commitment to customer service, and community service. He is a graduate of University of San Diego School of Law, where he was an editor of the San Diego Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif.
Areas of Practice
Robert is an ideal resource in the following fields:
• Employment class action
• Consumer class action
• Real estate
• Property and development
• Partner and shareholder disputes
• Business tort
• Unfair business practices
• Trade secret
• Breach of contract
• Intellectual property
Awards & Publications
• Order of the Coif
• Executive Board Member, San Diego Law Review
• Obtained a trial judgment earlier this year and recovered over $319,000 on behalf of a medical facility general contractor.
• Obtained a favorable court ruling on all 40 issues after a 7 day trial on behalf of a large public works contractor.
• Represented a Riverside product design firm and obtained a $420,000 damages award, and attorney’s fees, after a 3-week binding arbitration.
• Litigated and settled three significant class action lawsuits in the past year.
• Obtained a defense verdict after trial on behalf of a large international real estate investment trust.
• Obtained a $7.2 million dollar judgment after trial on behalf of a commercial lender.
• Obtained a complete defense verdict in an alleged multi-million dollar real property lawsuit brought by an adjoining landowner, and recovered attorneys’ fees from the other party.
• Obtained summary judgment on behalf of developer against commercial tenant in a multi-million dollar lawsuit, and the client was awarded over $300,000 in attorneys’ fees.
• Obtained summary judgment on all causes of action in Riverside Superior Court for plaintiffs in a real property adverse possession lawsuit.
• Obtained a complete defense award for client in a multi-million dollar real property and breach of contract lawsuit following a five-day JAMS binding arbitration.
• Successfully defended an application for a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order against a national food distributor in a case alleging misappropriation of trade secrets.
• Successful mediation and settlement of a lawsuit brought by client property owners against subcontractors.
• Successful settlement of a lawsuit filed on behalf of client against water district for refusal to pay $120,000 fee for services. The district paid the full sum, plus interest, to our client.
• Successful settlement of a breach of contract claim filed by a former board member against a client non-profit corporation.
• Successful settlement on behalf of developer client in a complex negligence and real property damage lawsuit filed by adjacent landowners.
• Successful mediation and settlement of seven construction-related lawsuits for a local school district.
Robert holds a steadfast belief in being a positive contributor to the local community:
• Riverside Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board, 2019
• Riverside Police Foundation, Board Member, 2018-2019
• Olive Crest Advisory Council, 2019
• Riverside Chamber of Commerce, Governmental Affairs Council Chair, 2016, 2017
• American Heart Association, Heart Walk Chair, 2016
• United Way of the Inland Valleys, Chairman of the Board, 2012-2013
• The State Bar of California, Litigation Section
• Riverside County Bar Association
• San Bernardino County Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member