Robert J. Hicks
A leader in corporate defense and contract law
Robert Hicks brings a deep and wide expertise in many practice areas of business law. He is a preeminent authority on litigation and is renowned for his courtroom abilities. All of his legal acumen is combined with a positive attitude, commitment to customer service, and community service. He is a graduate of University of San Diego School of Law.
Areas of Practice
Robert is an ideal resource in the following fields:
• Employment class action
• Consumer class action
• Real estate
• Property and development
• Partner and shareholder disputes
• Business tort
• Unfair business practices
• Trade secret
• Breach of contract
• Intellectual property
Awards & Publications
• Order of the Coif
• Executive Board Member, San Diego Law Review
• Obtained a trial judgment earlier this year and recovered over $319,000 on behalf of a medical facility general contractor.
• Obtained a favorable court ruling on all 40 issues after a 7 day trial on behalf of a large public works contractor.
• Represented a Riverside product design firm and obtained a $420,000 damages award, and attorney’s fees, after a 3-week binding arbitration.
• Litigated and settled three significant class action lawsuits in the past year.
• Obtained a defense verdict after trial on behalf of a large international real estate investment trust.
• Obtained a $7.2 million dollar judgment after trial on behalf of a commercial lender.
• Obtained a complete defense verdict in an alleged multi-million dollar real property lawsuit brought by an adjoining landowner, and recovered attorneys’ fees from the other party.
• Obtained summary judgment on behalf of developer against commercial tenant in a multi-million dollar lawsuit, and the client was awarded over $300,000 in attorneys’ fees.
• Obtained summary judgment on all causes of action in Riverside Superior Court for plaintiffs in a real property adverse possession lawsuit.
• Obtained a complete defense award for client in a multi-million dollar real property and breach of contract lawsuit following a five-day JAMS binding arbitration.
• Successfully defended an application for a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order against a national food distributor in a case alleging misappropriation of trade secrets.
• Successful mediation and settlement of a lawsuit brought by client property owners against subcontractors.
• Successful settlement of a lawsuit filed on behalf of client against water district for refusal to pay $120,000 fee for services. The district paid the full sum, plus interest, to our client.
• Successful settlement of a breach of contract claim filed by a former board member against a client non-profit corporation.
• Successful settlement on behalf of developer client in a complex negligence and real property damage lawsuit filed by adjacent landowners.
• Successful mediation and settlement of seven construction-related lawsuits for a local school district.
Robert holds a steadfast belief in being a positive contributor to the local community:
• American Heart Association, Heart Walk Chair, 2016
• Riverside Chamber of Commerce, Governmental Affairs Council Chair, 2016
• United Way of the Inland Valleys, Chairman of the Board, 2012-2013
• The State Bar of California, Litigation Section
• Riverside County Bar Association
• San Bernardino County Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member