Andrea Rodriguez’s practice focuses on complex business litigation, real estate litigation, and construction litigation. She handles a wide range of cases, including commercial real estate, tortious interference, intellectual property, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, and civil RICO disputes. Ms. Rodriguez represents clients through all phases of litigation in both state and federal court, and she has experience assisting clients through the alternative dispute resolution process, including mediation and binding arbitration.
Ms. Rodriguez’s practice also includes appellate work in state and federal court. She has successfully defended judgments on appeal, and she assisted in having an unfavorable judgment reversed after the firm was brought in as appellate counsel.
Ms. Rodriguez has served at other law firms and also been a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. While in law school, Ms. Rodriguez was a staff member of the Pepperdine Law Review and worked with Bet Tzedek Legal Services and the Alliance for Children’s Rights in assisting pro bono clients. She also mediated civil cases in the Los Angeles County Superior Court as part of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Mediation Clinic.
Areas of Practice
• J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2012, cum laude
• B.A., Pepperdine University, 2008, cum laude
• “Developing and Implementing a Litigation Discovery Plan,” CLE Presentation for the Riverside County Bar Association, Co-Presenter with Theodore K. Stream (October 26, 2017)
Bar & Court Admissions
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Second-chair in a binding arbitration representing a commercial real estate brokerage firm in an action for breach of a listing agreement and tortious interference, and obtained an award of compensatory damages, attorney’s fees, and punitive damages.
• Second-chair in a bench trial representing a national billboard company in an action for fraud and breach of contract, and obtained a judgment for the entire amount of damages sought.
• On trial team in a federal jury trial representing the owner of industrial property enforcing a maintenance provision in a lease, and obtained a multi-million dollar verdict and an award of over $1 million in attorney’s fees.
• On trial team in a bench trial representing the co-owner of a commercial shopping center, and obtained a judgment for declaratory relief, injunctive relief, and a substantial award of attorney’s fees.
• Successfully defended judgment on appeal before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals where the Appellant alleged an error in the jury instructions.
• Successfully defended judgment on appeal before the California Court of Appeal where the Appellant raised five issues on appeal in an attempt to overturn the judgment.
• Reversed judgment on appeal before the North Dakota Supreme Court after firm was brought in as appellate counsel to overturn deficiency judgment following foreclosure proceedings in California and North Dakota.
• San Diego County Bar Association
• Riverside County Bar Association
• United Way of the Inland Valleys, Board Member, 2014-2017
• Pick Group Board Development Training Program, Class of 2015
• Pepperdine Law Review, 2010-2012
• CALI Award for Legal Research & Writing, Wills & Trusts, Human Rights, Asylum & Refugee Law, and Environmental & Public Policy Dispute Resolution
• Dean’s List